DESIGNERS. For the past few years, companies that formerly specialized in printing documents, marketing collateral, and publications have revamped their businesses to include graphic communications and marketing support services. So the upcoming PRINT 13 Conference covers much more than printing (and the future of printing). From September 8-12 at Chicago’s McCormick Place, the PRINT 13 conference will explore new and integrated solutions for print, online, and mobile communications.
Many PRINT 13 sessions can help marketing managers and designers better understand new tactics and tools for executing innovative, multi-channel marketing campaigns.
The Chicago chapter of the American Marketing Association is sponsoring a Marketing Pavilion at PRINT 13. In this “how-to” hub of marketing education, creative professionals can mingle with marketers and marketing-service providers, share ideas, listen to expert presentations, and see product demonstrations. The Marketing Theater, sponsored by Canvas magazine, will provide comprehensive resources, answers, and insights on such topics as integrated media services, digital marketing, direct mail, lead generation, analytics, list brokers, and online presentations.
“For marketing and creative professionals, PRINT 13 is a ‘must attend’ event,” said Ralph Nappi, president of the Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC) that organizes the conference. Along with the Marketing Pavilion there will be presentations and demonstrations of the latest marketing, design, and prepress technologies. In the prepress/software workflow and design area, you can see the latest in web-to-print technologies, web-design tools, stock photography, and software for design, illustration, scanning, color management, and proofing.
The seminar track for designers and creative professionals includes sessions such as:
- Picture Perfect: Digital Photography and Photoshop for Print
- Captivating Color Matching for Online and Offline Media
- Secrets of Inspiring Images: Composition for Photography, Design, and Marketing
- Responsive Design Revealed: Flexible Content Creation for Multi-Channel Publishing
- Photoshop Wizardry for Prepress and Printing
- VDP: Design Essentials
- Designer Power: Your Role in a Color-Managed Workflow
- Adobe Creative Cloud as the Hub for Workflow Automation
Learn how to:
- Create colors that will look similar online, on mobile devices, and in print publications
- Choose the right camera settings when shooting images for high-quality printing
- Prepare images for output on offset presses, digital presses, and inkjet printers
- Create responsive designs that will work for all publishing platforms and devices
- Get started in digital publishing
- Create high-quality grayscale images for print
- Build and test apps for iOS and Android devices
- Design variable-data documents for one-to-one marketing campaigns
- Ensure that you get the best, most accurate color possible when designing for print
- Design effective direct-mail campaigns
- Create great output-ready files for output on digital presses
- Use Creative Cloud to design elegant, engaging pages for print, tablets, and other screens
Co-located events specifically for marketing and creative pros will include the Chicago AMA Marketing Reception and Mogo Media epublishing Creative Conference.
If you are curious about what the future of printing will look like, visit the “Experiential Center” or attend a seminar on 3D printing, 21st Century print technologies, and print-integration technologies that go beyond QR codes.
Register for single sessions, three- or six-session “value-packs” or an all-access pass. Early registration discounts end August 9.