For insights into where digital-marketing might be heading in 2014, download the 2H 2013 edition of “The SoDA Report: Digital Marketing Outlook.” Published by SoDA, the Global Society for Digital Marketing Innovators, the report has become a leading voice of digital agencies and production companies worldwide.
The 138-report includes 22 essays, 18 case studies, and interviews with luminaries such as predictive analytics guru Mike Kuniavsky of PARC Innovation Services. The content is designed to keep brands, agencies and consultants aware of issues that are likely to drive real business improvement in 2014.
“Keeping abreast of digital innovation is increasingly critical for marketers and agencies that want to be successful in 2014,” said Chris Buettner, SoDA executive director and managing editor of The SoDA Report. “This report gives not just a look at some of the most successful campaigns of 2013 but also key insights that will help readers ensure they don’t get left behind in this fast-changing business.”
This edition includes essays on how brands can:
- speed up their innovation cycles:
- cultivate smarter, more responsive online communities; and
- use ethnographic research techniques to develop a stronger understanding of the motivations and behaviors of people
The SoDA Report is divided into five sections:
- Industry Insider: Trends, issues, and best-in-class methods that are shaping the future of digital agencies and production companies worldwide.
- Modern Marketer: Client-side innovations that are delivering a new generation of success stories in digital marketing.
- People Power: Education and talent cultivation within the industry, including user-experience and the power of human understanding.
- Tech Talk: Future technology developments and trends that are likely to have a powerful impact in 2014.
- Advocacy: Communicating collective power and positions around key issues impacting digital agencies and production companies globally.
The case-study section includes projects executed by brands such as KLM, Google, Yamaha, Burberry, Philips, Lenovo, Adobe, Lynx and Gulfstream.
Some of the thought-provoking articles include:
- The Digital Agency Paradox (teaching clients to do what we do) by David Maren, EffectiveUI
- Brands: How to Get Agile with your Agency by Jack Skeels, AgencyAgile
- Integrating Multiple Agencies into One Brand Team, by Stacie Hoffmeister
- Simple and Valuable Recruiting Advice, by Matt Paddock, Grow Interactive
- The Personalization of Everything, by Stephen Foxworthy, Reactive
- Consumer Control: Coming to a Store Near You, by Alessandra Lariu, SheSays
- A Call to (Legal) Action, by Brad Gross, SoDA
Now in its fifth year, the bi-annual SoDA Report trends publication is one of the most-read reports in the digital-marketing industry. The first edition of 2013, released in March, was viewed or downloaded by more than 150,000 people.
Slideshare: The SoDA Report: Digital Marketing Outlook