About the size of a tennis ball, the Sphericam 2 includes six cameras that work seamlessly together to capture great-looking VR video content straight out of the box.
As huge companies like Oculus Rift and Samsung work furiously to create the best virtual reality viewing platform, Sphericam 2 has been created to fill a growing market void of actually creating that virtual reality content.
Sphericam 2 is perfect for recording stunning footage of adventure sports, journalism stories, and events such as weddings or birthdays.
A host of mounting options gives users multiple ways to hold the camera and capture footage. The camera also includes WiFi and wireless streaming, allowing users to easily view and share content on a smartphone or desktop. Sphericam 2’s iOS and Android app also allows users to monitor, transfer, view, edit and spread the virtual reality footage instantly.
“Sphericam 2 is poised to bring incredible cinematic content to Oculus Rift, Google Cardboard, and the VR world. Our camera has been designed to be the highest performing and most usable virtual reality camera on the market today,” said Sphericam creator Jeffrey Martin. “Every specification from frame rate to sensor type was chosen to maximize performance on today’s VR hardware.”
- Dazzling crystalline design housed in a rugged anodized aluminium body
- Six high-resolution lenses maintain constant exposure, WB settings for artifact-free 360°shooting
- Jaw-dropping 4K resolution that leaves nothing to the imagination
- Unmatched shooting flexibility with 24, 25, 30, 48, and 60 fps
- Detail-devouring 2.4 Gigabits per second of raw capture gives incredible latitude for post production and color grading
- Tiny distance between sensors minimizes parallax
- Automatic, real-time stitching is possible to minimize post production times
Sphericam 2 can now be purchased via Kickstarter beginning at $1,299, which is $200 off of the final retail price.