WRITERS. Laurie Lewis, author of the book “What to Charge: Pricing Strategies for Freelancers and Consultants,” has published a new Kindle e-book, “Freelance With Confidence: 50 Proven Tips for a Successful Freelance Career.”
While providing useful guidance for any freelancer, the e-book will be especially valuable for newcomers to the field and for those struggling to build a successful business.
The 50 tips in Freelance With Confidence fall into five categories:
- 10 crucial things to remember about freelancing
- 10 start-up instructions for new freelancers
- 10 reminders about working alone and as part of a team
- 10 pointers for keeping up in a technology-driven world, and
- 10 insights about freelancing as a lifestyle.
The author has supported herself as freelance medical writer and editor in New York City for almost 30 years.
The second edition of her book “What to Charge” was selected as a finalist in the USA Best Books 2011 competition. It tied for first place in a business category and came in second in the writing division of the 2012 Reader Views Literary Awards competition.