Professional Artist magazine provides independent visual artists with the strategies they need to make a living with their artwork. For the second year in a row, they have declared June “Professional Artist Month.”
Throughout the month, artists are invited to connect and interact with Professional Artist through activities, advice, giveaways and a dedicated art contest.
“The inaugural Professional Artist Month was such a success that we knew we had to build on that momentum for 2014,” Publisher Jannett Roberts said. “Last year, our focus was to bring our readers even more resources to empower them in their creative careers. This June, it’s all about celebrating these talented professionals and engaging with them on a deeper level.”
Highlights of the 2014 Professional Artist Month include:
- “Art-Felt Words” e-cards: Free digital postcards to share with friends, family and fellow artists via email and social media
- “SmART Advice” showcase: A collection of inspired insights, motivational messages and words of wisdom from readers all month long
- “Portrait of a Professional Artist” contest: An opportunity for artists to have their work featured in an upcoming issue of Professional Artist magazine
- Daily giveaways : 30 chances to win great prizes, plus a special Professional Artist Store coupon for all participants
- Exclusive subscription offer: A limited-time deal that includes a set of three free digital pocket guides with the purchase of a one-year subscription to Professional Artist
Each issue of Professional Artist magazine presents practical business advice on subjects such as art marketing, art law, portfolio development, exhibition presentation, communication skills and sales techniques.
Articles to help artists feel encouraged and motivated are also featured, as well as a comprehensive list of calls to artists.