From now until March 15, Applied Arts Magazine is encouraging designers around the world to enter their 2013 Design Awards competition. The awards program is open to all professional work completed or published between February 2012 and March 2013. (Entries submitted in last year’s competition aren’t eligible.) The maximum entry size is 22 x 26 inches.
Winners and their winning work will receive extensive media exposure:
- In the July/August Design Awards issue of Applied Arts magazine (which many of the magazine’s 46,000 readers keep as a reference).
- On the Design Winners gallery, which attracts more than 300,000 visitors annually.
- In the Applied Arts Awards Archive, which features 10+ years of winning work.
- At the Winners’ Exhibit in Toronto, where AACE Winners will be announced.
Plus, all winners will receive a suitable-for-framing Applied Arts Winners Certificate.
Some of the work that can be entered includes:
- annual reports
- environmental graphics
- promotional announcements
- promotional apparel
- print magazines
- digital magazines
- in-house publications
- book covers
- broadcast graphics
- typeface design
- motion graphics
- identity graphics
A complete list of categories and submission guidelines can be found on the page: Applied Arts Design Magazine Awards.
Each entry is judged by an independent panel of highly regarded industry professionals based on creative merit, technical excellence and suitability for end use.
Applied Arts is Canada’s premier magazine of visual communications. Since 1986, the publication has delivered gorgeous imagery, strong opinion, timely information and essential industry insight to a readership of creative and marketing professionals.