If you convert images into photo merchandise or wall art, the weeks leading up to Valentine’s Day can be a good time to promote your creations as gifts.
Several press releases issued earlier this year suggested that wall-size prints can make great gifts for Valentine’s Day. Not only will a wall print last longer than flowers, but it can also provide a year-round visual reminder of memorable moments in a relationship.
Enterprising companies promoted the ability the create custom wall art from Instagram photos, kiss prints, and lovemaking sessions.
DNA 11 Turns Kisses into Eye Candy
With a DNA 11 Kiss Print, you can immortalize your smooch on canvas. Or, you can give your Valentine a Kiss Print Gift Kit and create a “kiss print” as a couple.
Creating a kiss print is fun, four-step process.
- Order the Kiss collection kit.
- Apply the provided Revolution Organics lipstick.
- Kiss the sheets in the kiss-collection pad until you get the lip-print look you want.
- Send your lip print to DNA 11 for enlargement and printing on canvas.
When you order the lip print, you can choose the size and color combination that best fits with the rest of your décor. The art can be sent in a ready-to-hang form or as a rolled print in a tube.
DNA 11 can also create a contemporary, ultra-personalized portrait from your DNA or fingerprints.
CanvasPop Suggests Printing Memorable Instagram Images
CanvasPop, which made news with the launch of its Instagram canvas prints service, is promoting custom photo art as a more meaningful, visually expressive alternative to a traditional off-the-shelf Valentine’s card.
“The best thing about photos is that they’re so personal and have the ability to hold such meaning. That’s why it’s the perfect sentimental Valentine’s Day gift.” said Spencer Callaghan, director of marketing at CanvasPop.
“Whether this is your first or fiftieth Valentine’s Day with that significant other, the key to giving a memorable Valentine’s Day gift is creativity—the thought that went into it,” he adds.
In an online press release, CanvasPop suggests creative ways that customers can convert their pictures into gift-worthy wall art:
- A picture of where you first met with an added vintage filter.
- A family photo enlivened with a pop-art filter.
- A wedding photo printed on canvas with an accent color isolated.
- A close-up photo of an item with perosnal meaning (ring, flower, etc.).
- A photo of a memorable trip.
CanvasPop provides custom canvas-printing services to photographers, digital artsts, interior designers, and consumers. The company prides itself on being able to print any image (including Facebook, iPhone and Instagram pictures) at virtually any size regardless of the original resolution of the image.
CanvasPop Instagram Prints
Commemorate the Art of Lovemaking
With the “Love is Art” kit, you and your partner can turn a lovemaking session into a memorable piece of expressionist art on canvas. After your “painting” is complete, you can stretch and frame the canvas for display in your home.
The $60 kit includes:
- a 54 x 41-inch specially treated, non-allergenic white cotton canvas
- an 80 x 90-inch plastic sheet to protect surfaces from paint splashes
- a 4-oz. bottle of specially formulated black, non-toxic washable paint
- two pairs of disposable paper slippers
- a custom body scrubber
The kit was created by abstract artist Jeremy Brown, who has been making paintings during intimacy for over a decade. After being complimented on a personal work of art in his own home, Brown was inspired to create artists’ kits for others. He spent six months researching and developing appropriate materials to ensure a safe project.
Love is Art Kit